TLC how-tos for your wooden floors
Wooden floors are beautiful to look at and can be extremely hard wearing if they’re taken care of properly. Whatever your personal style, wooden floors are a great option for your home and can last for hundreds of years to come. Here at Sadolin, it’s no surprise that we’re huge fans of timber flooring. Our range of timber-loving products helps to ensure all of your timber surfaces are protected and looking their best.
In the following article, we’ll provide a brief list of our top tips for caring for your wooden floors.
1. Wipe up spills as soon as possible: You should make it a priority to keep liquids away from your wooden floors, and mop up any spills as soon as you can. If liquid is left too long, it can work it’s way into the wood leading to colour changes and warping of the wood.
2. Clear away dirt and dust frequently: Keep your wooden floors as clean as you would keep any other surfaces in your house. Dirt and grime can scratch your flooring so it’s therefore essential to gently sweep this debris away at least once a week. Use a very soft brush that is appropriate for wooden flooring or a microfiber dusting cloth.
3. Use a non-abrasive cleaning solution for a deeper clean to your wooden floors: Regardless of how well you care for your wooden floors, chances are they will collect dirt over time and need a deeper clean. Wooden floors should be regularly cleaned with a non-abrasive solution that is specially formulated for use on your wooden floors. Use soft microfiber cloths or a wood-approved mop to apply this solution and gently remove build up.
4. Use a quality wood varnish to maintain and beautify your timber flooring: our Polyurethane Floor Varnish is a convenient one-pack product, offering hard wearing protection to all wooden flooring, including hardwood and softwood boards and parquet. Not suitable for laminate flooring. Water based. Touch Dry 1-2 hours. Recoat in 2-4 hours. Available in 2.5 & 5 litre packs.
5. Use furniture pads to prevent scratching: Applying felt furniture pads to the bottom of the furniture that will sit on your wooden floors is an easy and cost effective way to prevent scratches and other damage to your wood. These pads are soft on your wooden flooring, offering a much more gentle surface for the wood to interact with.
Whatever timber surface you’re interested in rejuvenating, Sadolin has the solution for you! From interior to exterior, floors to furniture and everything in between, view our range of products that will ensure maximum protection for your timber. For more advice and to get started, call into your local Sadolin stockist!