Wooden investment pieces your interiors will love
Is there a more timeless material than wood? Durable as well as beautiful, we think wood makes for gorgeous furnishings inside and outside of your home. Timber will never go out of style, and it therefore makes for a smart investment. Just what are our favourite wooden pieces to invest in? The pieces that will always be on-trend as far as we’re concerned? Read on to find out!
1. A classic coffee table: A classic wooden coffee table has been a longtime staple in living rooms around the globe. Though it’s beautiful within its own right, it also provides the perfect blank slate from which to build upon. Coffee tables look great when accessorised accordingly: books, vases, plants, candles, lamps, etc.
2. A chest of drawers: A timber chest of drawers is not only practical, it’ll look beautiful in your bedroom, or wherever you choose to put it. Depending on your tastes, your chest has the potential to be a real statement piece. Go bold and install custom handles/knobs or paint it a fun colour. The possibilities are endless!
3. Bookshelves: It doesn’t get much more authentic than wooden bookshelves. Best of all? These can be filled not only with books (duh) but with other accessories, making them great places to express your unique style. Bookshelves will always be in fashion, so you can purchase with the knowledge that they’ll look great now—or thirty years down the line!
4. A bed frame: A wooden bed frame will go with a variety of bedroom styles, both classic and modern, minimal and maximal. Purchasing a wooden bed frame as an investment piece is a safe bet, as you’ll know it’ll be able to be easily adapted to your changing bedroom designs.
5. Dining room table: Chances are, family and friends will be spending plenty of time around your dining room table—whether eating homemade or from the local chipper. Regardless, there’s certain to be loads of laughs and memories made. Investing in a quality wooden dining table will give you the perfect gathering place—one that can withstand the test of time.
As always, ensure that the wooden pieces you purchase are produced to a high quality standard. Investment pieces need to be made to last, and although they may seem a bit more expensive off the bat they will pay for themselves as time goes on (and you won’t have to buy any replacements!).
Part of ensuring your investment pieces last is ensuring they’re protected adequately. Sadolin offers a range of solutions for your interior timber and flooring. These products will increase the longevity of your investment pieces, hardening them and preventing nicks, scratches, and other damaging effects of time.
Well-made wooden pieces are well worth your investment. The above pieces are some suggestions to start with. Sadolin will help keep your wood healthy and happy, inside and out. Call into your local Sadolin stockist for the things you need to get started, or visit us on the web for even more inspiration.