Your 2022 Timber Checklist
It’s the beginning of the new year and that means that it’s the perfect time to plan and prioritise your interior and exterior projects. At Sadolin, protecting and beautifying timber is our main goal, always. This blog post will provide some excellent ideas to help you keep your wooden surfaces cared for properly and looking great throughout all of 2022– and beyond! The following checklist includes things you can do right now to prepare for the months ahead.
1. Protect wooden floors with our Polyurethane Floor Varnish: Don’t let the wet months cause damage to your timber flooring! This convenient one-pack product, offers hard wearing protection to all wooden flooring, including hardwood and softwood boards and parquet. Not suitable for laminate flooring. Water based. Touch Dry 1-2 hours. Recoat in 2-4 hours.
2. Get wooden furnishings around the house in top shape: The wooden surfaces around your home get plenty of wear and tear during daily life. Whether it’s hot mugs or spills on your tables, knicks and scratches on your bannister, or dings to your doors, we’ve got you covered with our Polyurethane Extra Durable Varnish. This product Provides excellent protection against scuffs and knocks on interior wood. Use on Interior wood and furniture, including skirting, doors, tables, cupboards, sills, panelling, shelving, banisters and shelf rails. Water based & non yellowing. Touch Dry 1-2 hours. Recoat in 2-4 hours.
3. Repair damage to your wooden furnishings: As hard as we may try to keep our wooden surfaces safe, there will inevitably be some damage to deal with because life happens! Luckily, our Woodfiller is Suitable for all interior or exterior timber. Use to fill defects, preventing moisture ingress and ensuring a smooth, uniform surface. Ideal for small repairs, such as nail holes. Workable in 2 minutes. Sand and overcoat in 30 minutes.
4. Start prepping your wooden furniture for summer: it may be hard to envision while we’re currently in the depths of winter, but spring will be here before we know it! It’s never to early to start planning for the next season, and doing some of the legwork now will see that you’re not overwhelmed when March or April arrives. What do you want your outdoor abode to look like? Does your outdoor wooden furniture need a fresh coat of paint to keep it safe and looking it’s best? Our opaque timber protection options are great for transforming the look of your wood. Available in any shade you’d like with our Colourmix service, you can make your garden sanctuary entirely your own!
5. Get your trim in to shape: Refreshing your outdoor trimmings is an excellent and simple way to make your exteriors look pretty and put together. Our Sadolin Superdec Satin is a a multi Surface, water based, self-priming and versatile finish. Suitable for exterior surfaces including wood, masonry, weathered plastic, cladding & steel. Superdec provides up to 10 Years Protection and resists cracking, peeling and flaking with its super flexible formulation. Ideal where a complete change of colour is required or a surface has become weathered. Touch dry in 2-4 hours.
Ready to transform your wooden surfaces? Find your local Sadolin stockist here.