Our favourite wood looks from 2020
It’s no surprise that wood is our favourite material. Versatile, strong, warm, beautiful to look at and a pleasure to work with, in our opinion— it doesn’t get much better than timber. The below are some of our favourite wood looks from the past year.
1. Saara McLoughlin’s bright fuchsia deck of dreams: Crown Style Guide Saara McLoughlin used Sadolin Beautiflex in the colour RAL 4008 (available via our Colourmix service) to create this show-stopping look for her outdoor decking. This is certainly one of the most daring deck looks we’ve seen, and we love it! Saara rejuvenated her back garden this summer, creating a bright and happy space to safely enjoy during the Covid-19 restrictions. Our Beautiflex range is specially designed as a superior flexibility coating for long term protection (up to 7 years) with excellent light fastness. Thank you Saara for this stunning look!
Image via thewoodfactory.ie
2. Gorgeous wooden dining tables, seen at The Wood Factory: The importance of having an uplifting and high-quality place to congregate with family has never been more important, and since we’ve been staying much closer to home this year, we’ve realised the power of a great table to congregate around for meals, games, schooling, coffee, conversations—whatever we need! The dining room table has certainly become one of the hottest spots in our homes and we’ve therefore loved seeing the various different forms the humble table can take! Below are some beautiful examples from thewoodfactory.ie.
Image via houseandhome.ie
3. This wood-focused look from Home of the Year Series Six: We’re big fans of home design shows and Home of the Year wowed us this year with plenty of exceptional looks. What really caught our eyes about the semi-detached Dublin home of Eoin and Kate is the way they incorporated timber while still ensuring the space looked light, fresh and modern. We love the wooden ceiling beams and the continuation of the wooden theme on the countertops and sitting area. This is certainly a bright kitchen that we’d be happy to spend time in!
Images via instagram.com/josephwalshstudio
4. Joseph Walsh’s visionary designs: We’ve long admired the work of designer-maker Joseph Walsh, who creates innovative pieces with wood. From large sculptures to flawlessly-crafted furniture, the Joseph Walsh Studio continues to amaze us. This year we were wowed in particular by his breathtaking Erosion Cabinet and Enignum Console, made in white ash and hand carved burr ash. The thoughtful design and spectacular execution of these pieces of art is incredible, and once again shows just how dynamic wood can be. We highly recommend having a browse of the studio’s Instagram account—and prepare to be amazed!
5. Cathy McGovern’s Courtyard Oasis: Crown Style Guide Cathy McGovern transformed her outdoor space into the perfect all-seasons retreat, and we are loving the results! Cathy used our Superdec Satin to colour her palette sofas and opted for our Woodstain to keep her DIY trellises in top shape. Cathy’s initiative has certainly inspired us to look at ways that we can make our outdoor space more inviting throughout the different seasons. You can read more about Cathy’s project in our recent blog post.
2020 was a difficult year, but it was great to be able to feast our eyes on some lovely wooden creations. If you’re in the mood to transform your timber, call into your local Sadolin stockist or visit us on the web. We hope you have a very safe and happy holiday season and we look forward to a great 2021!