Tips for creating a meditation garden
The world’s going through a chaotic time at the moment—it’s natural to feel overly stressed and anxious about things. While we may not have control over everything, we can control the actions we take to help our minds and bodies through the crazy months ahead. If you’re looking for a tranquil space to get away from it all for a few moments, creating a relaxing outdoor area in your garden may be helpful. The following blog will provide some tips for you if you want to create a meditation/calming garden for your own home.
1. Ask yourself what your special place would look like: Before you begin making your own peaceful garden oasis, consider what your dream escape would look like. Is it hidden amidst lush greens? Is it in the sunniest spot in the garden? Is it small and intimate or spacious and open? Once you have this vision in your mind, you’ll have a clearer concept of the things you’ll need to make this dream a reality. We recommend even sketching out your wishes for more clarity.
2. Choose your spot carefully:When choosing the location of your meditation garden, take into consideration things like:
- The views
- The privacy of the space
- The noise levels
- How spacious it is
All these things will add to the look and the experience of your space. For example, since it’s somewhere to relax in, you won’t want it to be bombarded with noise. Ensure that the space you’re choosing aligns with everything you’re looking for, as determined initially.
3. Comfortable seating: You’ll want a place where you can sit and relax comfortably. It will be harder to relax if you’re constantly trying to shift position or start to get stiff. We suggest investing in a quality outdoor seat (or two) to make the area a destination you’ll look forward to visiting. If you have wooden furnishings on hand, rejuvenate them with a coat of paint and some soft cushions!
4. A water feature: A water feature is great for creating a tranquil atmosphere. The sound of rushing water has a calming affect and is also great for drowning out background noise (so it’s especially perfect for noisier spaces).
5. Surround your garden oasis with plants you love: Which plants and flowers speak to you? Do you love leafy greens or are you all about bright and bold florals? Whatever your personal taste, bring these plants into your special space. Surrounding yourself with things you love will help uplift your spirits and put a smile on your face.
6. Create privacy if you don’t have it: If you want more privacy, surround the area with tall plants, trees, and/or garden structures such as trellises. Having a special space that’s shut off from the rest of the garden/home will make your meditation garden feel like more of an escape and help set the tone of the space.
7. Incorporate sculptures or other accessories to make the area your own: Choose accessories such as sculptures, candles, bird houses, a fire pit— whatever it is that makes your space feel uniquely yours. Express yourself and your own style!
Ready to get away from it all for a while? Dreaming of a vacation? Look no further than your back garden. The above tips will help you create your own special retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Visit our blog for more inspiration, and call into your local Sadolin stockist for everything you need for healthy wood