March 20th marked the official first day of spring, which means warmer weather is (finally!) on the horizon. Chances are that you’ll be spending plenty of time in your garden during the spring and summer months. Now is the perfect time to create a beautiful garden oasis for you and your family to enjoy. The following design tips will ensure your exteriors are on-trend and fabulous for 2019.
1. Opt for lush, overgrown greenery: This year, say goodbye to perfectly trimmed and painstakingly arranged gardens and take a walk on the wild side! A natural, unkempt look will be a top priority for trendy gardeners this year. Best of all? It takes minimal effort to accomplish. Plant plenty of greenery and let it flourish freely in order to master this jungle-esque design.
2. Embrace cacti: If you’re like us, you’ve probably seen succulents everywhere over the past few years. These compact cuties make the perfect accessories indoors and out. Just as charming, we believe, is the cactus. Interesting to look at, cacti will provide great texture to your exterior space and will be big in 2019. Not all cacti will flourish in Ireland’s climate, so it’s always wise to talk to an expert at your local garden centre for suitable recommendations.
3. Create a perfect outdoor hideaway: Luxury shouldn’t be reserved for your interiors. Bring the comfort of your indoors outside by creating a relaxing garden oasis. Here, you can enjoy the best of the summer weather from a cosy perch. Bring a book, enjoy your morning cup of tea, call your mum for a chat, or simply enjoy the tranquility. Choose plush and comfortable furniture in pretty patterns, and use stylish blankets and pillows to complete your look.
4. Hang plants: Add interest to your garden by making it multi-level. Hanging plants will draw the eyes up, and make your exterior space appear more multi-dimensional. Hanging plants outdoors is a trendy and simple way to polish off your garden this year.
5. Go coastal: This spring, let yourself be inspired by the majesty of the ocean. Incorporate tall breezy grasses, eucalyptus, succulents, and silvery leaves for the perfect coastal look. Blue and gray furniture and accessories will also help to complete the look. Our shades in Asteroid, Berberis Blue, Blue Grey and Hudson Bay are perfect for coastal-inspired garden furniture or sheds! Or, call to mind Grecian coast vibes with traditional bright white.
6. Use vibrant colours in plants and accessories: This year is all about the colour— and the bolder, the better!! Opt for fiery, warm colours when it comes to you flowers and accessories. Orange, red, hot pink and yellow will give your garden the pops of intensity it craves. Use these same lively colours in your garden furniture. Try our shades in Red Pepper, Mellow Yellow, and Apricot for a fabulous 2019 look.
Feeling inspired to spruce up your garden this year? Call into your local Sadolin stockist for more expert advice and the tools you need to get started. You can also visit us on the web for further design inspiration.